Tuesday 3 May 2011

Wild and Crazy Moments

Gill, aged 7 months.

From an early age I was always into ballet. Dad used to listen to Opera and Friday Night's Music Night and have a few beers.

He used to say to us girls, go dance like Little Fairies. So on went the plastic sandals. Posh word for them now (Jellie Beans).

And did we dance!! But when dad used to go spend a penny we all used to have a drink of his beer and then resume dancing as if nothing had happened. Dad used to shout, "Who's been drinking my beer?"

All in unison we used to say, "It's not us!!!"

We used to put plays on too. And we always had to have a Circus, all our friends' pets were the animals.

Everyone had a starring role. Mine was the Clown. I always had to be the Clown.

We had a very large garden so we used to have a Circus ring on the bottom lawn. On would come the acts and strut their stuff.

My prop for the Clown was a pair of step ladders, face painted and dressed. On I went...

Whilst climbing the step ladders they broke. It got laughs. How I did not kill my self I do not know!!

Yes, even back then the Degvilles were in our blood.

When Gran told me about the Degvilles being Fencing Masters, in my Wild and Crazy moments I fenced my way a round the house with anything that could pass for a sword.

Gill

1 comment:

  1. Gill, thanks for sharing this happy childhood memory with us.

    ReplyDelete